Each Conservancy can be unique in its formation and on the advantages
that it could have for its members, here are some of the advantages that
has been found in other Conservancies in South Africa.
- Wildlife increases in Conservancy areas.
- Better general security.
- Marked decreases in stock and crop theft in the conservancy area.
- Harassment of local population is reduced.
- Local population usually supports the presents of Game Guards.
- Better control of stray dogs, reduces hunting by dogs and the chances
- of rabies.
- Vagrants tend to avoid a regularly patrolled area.
- The economic value of the area is improved due to increased
- numbers of wildlife.
- Landowners become more conscious of their wildlife.
- A closer community is formed, often solving community problems.
- Game become tamer and is more readily seen.
- Reporting of exotic plants and animals.
- Fences are patrolled more regularly.
- Pumps and water holes are patrolled more regularly.
- Less uncontrolled forest and veld fires in the area.